Platform Selection Consultancy
Get the right ecommerce platform for short-term and long-term success
Not all ecommerce platforms are the same. Far from it, in fact. And choosing the right ecommerce platform is crucial for success. To do so, businesses need to take a step back and consider their position, current requirements and realistic objectives for the future.
That’s where Magpie comes in. Our specialist ecommerce consultants will evaluate your business objectives and what you need to achieve them. We then utilise our expert knowledge and experience of ecommerce platforms to recommend the perfect match for you.
Best for you
Which ecommerce platform is the best? – This is a question we encounter time and time again. But it’s not one that can be answered. Why? It’s missing an essential ingredient – your business. A recognised retailer expanding to ecommerce will be in a much different position to a small business dealing only in online sales, for instance.
The best ecommerce platform depends on the business that’s using it and what they need. What functional requirements do you have? What level of customisation do you need? How much can you commit to financially? Getting these criteria wrong can put unnecessary boundaries on your business and set you back financially.
Answering the key questions
To determine which ecommerce platform best fits your business, we firstly review the current system to assess its capabilities and weaknesses. Our expert consultants also hold workshop sessions involving stakeholders from across the business to get a feel for the day-to-day requirements. From there, we begin our comprehensive selection process:
- Shortlisting – An initial set of platforms are selected for review
- Requirement gathering – We assess stakeholders’ objectives and functional requirements
- Requirement enrichment – These requirements are enriched with further analysis and detail
- Platform review – Platforms are reviewed based on the requirements and whether they can facilitate them natively or otherwise
- Cost review – The next step is a cost analysis for the course of 3-5 years
- Platform recommendation – Our consultants will make a detailed recommendation for which platform is most suitable
- RfP management – If required, we can even assist with partner selection, validation and management of the RfP process
Platform selection with Magpie
When you choose Magpie as your ecommerce consultants, you benefit from a depth of experience and expertise on your side. Over many years in the industry, our ecommerce consultants have worked with a vast array of clients on a multitude of ecommerce platforms.
Magento, Shopify, Shopware, Demandware and many, many, more. We know them inside-out from first-hand experience, so we’re perfectly placed to determine the best ecommerce platform for you.
If you have any questions about platform selection, our process or any of our services, please don’t hesitate to contact us for an informal chat.